Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The NOT so Pinnacle.....

This blog is dedicated to Dany and Olli who have taught us how to enjoy the finer points of dining in recent years.  We trust they enjoy these pictures as we dine on Bvlgari designed German Rosenthal China, fine German WFM cutlery and fine German Riedel glassware, knowing they now appreciate the finer points of melamine ware at the dinner table when a high chair and “I can feed myself” Cayla joins them for dinner.

Let me preface tonight’s dinner with…. it was magnificent, the service impeccable, and our every whim was met…… albeit with …….. and we were warned by our experienced in handling maître d’s companion Steve and Allan…. that in meeting our every whim…… we too are now barred from the Pinnacle Grill for life….  And no….. it wasn’t that I took my very oversized handbag to dinner in the hope of adding to my fine china collection…… it was one very arrogant Matire d who stood over us, almost in bullying fashion, as if to say how dare you……. When we returned our 2 half cow oversized rib on the bone eye fillets that we ordered medium to well done, that were…… shall we say politely, still moaning on the plate…..  we did hear some crashing noise in the kitchen whilst our steaks were being re-done and wondered if they were chasing the cows around the kitchen, but they were returned more medium than medium rare with a somewhat arrogant maitre d stare who wished us a “pleasant dinner with our charred burnt steaks”………..  “Arrogant sod I said to Sir Ken, he needn’t think I’m leaving without my dessert…. and I’ll be the last one out of the restaurant”…….

Two and half hours later we complimented the staff who served us so well and went for a walk on the promenade deck……it was 10.30pm and the twilight was just starting to fade…..  tomorrow is the port of Dunedin and I’m so looking forward to seeing the cities architecture and walking off tonight’s Baked Cherry Bomb Alaska…………










3 comments:

  1. Sheree... thanks for letting us know about your blog.... we have some other CC friends on your cruise they are the boyz from my first cruise Matt and Mark!!... have fun

    Joanne (packetau)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - what a pain of a maitre d - you are far too polite though. I think I would have said one or two choice things to him for behaving like that... and I'm not even an Aussie! Hope you will make a complaint on the feedback form...

    Shame about the weather. Will do the best I can to turn on a little sun for you when you get to Wellington.

    Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    Philip (Exodus)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, have just been given a link to your blog and can I say, I believe we too will be forever barred from the Pinacle Grill on the Volendam. We were on the cruise before yours and lets say, our trip to the Pinacle was similar but with extra "issues" - the table moved, wax from the candles went over the fine linen, my hands, the floor (everywhere over the floor), water was sloshed and this was all before we had even ordered!! The maitre d was far from impressed.

    Enjoy the rest of your cruise - I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete