Sunday, December 19, 2010

A very special view……

We’ll it didn’t take long for the Volendam to impress.  Her hull may have been black and bold, but a 2 minute inspection of our aft cabin we were very impressed, not to mention the balcony right outside our cabin window and door! 

We’ve been on the ship for two days now, and as I sit, and no I haven’t left out the ‘h’…… I have just discovered I have probably the only cabin on the whole of the ms Volendam that has, too bluntly put it, a loo with a view!   Yes, ‘twas a great surprise just now as I left the door open for air……and if you’re concerned for Sir Ken don’t worry, he was out and about attending a bridge lecture or two…….  But I just wanted to share, how grand is my loo – perhaps, the only one onboard with a view!

My shipmates Steve and Allen – you may recall these 5thwheelerboyz from the ’09 world cruise (I thought I should start clarifying the ’09 part) just in case I ever do another world cruise…… anyway these boyz inspected my room – and they are not easily pleased, they have class and good taste, you may recall these were my friends with the mini-suite, whirlpool and a pony on the Dawn Princess…..we’ll they were mightily impressed with my loo with a view… but I must confess it was just a ‘tad' disconcerting as Steve inspected our room and closet storage space, "come out of there" I said - he took a long lingering look as he inspected my posh sparkly frock commenting “oh yes I remember this old thing”…..but then proceeded to check out Sir Ken’s side, reshaping and rehanging everything on the coat hangers in a neat perfect row….fixing his suit, straightening his ties …….  I really must teach Ken how to unpack his clothing in a much tidier fashion……Steven and Allen are such a helpful set of friends…..





No comments:

Post a Comment